Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Hot Water Problem

Posted by ANN MARIE on March 10, 2001 at 12:17:13:

I must be jinxed. My fiancee and I moved from our previous apartment because the neighbors were extremely loud. Now, in our new apartment the downstairs neighbors are begining to be a problem.

It is a woman and her menatally disabled son living below us. Whenever we walk throughout the apartment when they are home they either throw a basketball or a shoe at the ceiling. And, we are not walking hard. We go to bed at 10 during the week and when she hears any movement she will turn the tv up real loud. Those things don't bother us, it is just a nusaince we can live with. Then just recently they run the shower three to four times from 5-6:30 in the morning. I have a feeling it is to run the hot water out on us, we share a 50 gallon hot water tank because hot water is included in the rent. I have tried taking a shower at night and she started to run the shower three and four time during the evening before I have a chance to get in leaving me wiht only ice cold water. I have tried to talk with her, but she refuses to open the door because of a stalker. I have talked with the landlord and he has stated that the previous two tenants have moved because of them. Of course, it is after the fact. I have also suggested he install those energy saving shower heads in both apartments about three weeks ago and he said it was a good idea but never followed up. So now my question what recourse do I have since it is a nuisnace but not so much as to call the police or break the lease? I really would like a hot shower. If I did I would have to pay a 1500 penalty and I do not have the money. I live in western NY. Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name