Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Hard lessons

Posted by Real Estate Mogul on March 10, 2001 at 00:00:54:

In Reply to: PLEASE HELP US- Landlord Verbal Contract posted by Abby on March 09, 2001 at 23:16:58:

Not all learning takes place in the classroom . Until you actually have a lease signed and keys in hand, don't assume you have an apartment. "Verbal agreements" don't carry any weight in real estate.

Although the landlady acted dishonorably, there is nothing you can do about her. Find another apartment. You should have resumed looking as soon as she missed the first lease signing. Another rule about real estate: no matter how pretty or affordable one house is, there's always another option equally good or better ... just keep looking.

: Hello- I hope someone can help us and FAST... I am a college student in Colorado who recently found a great house with six other girls. A week after the landlady showed us the house she called and said it was ours and to meet her to sign the lease. Well, she never showed up to sign the lease with us and continued to jerk us around for another week and a half, telling us she wanted to sign it some other time. Today I happened to find out that tomorrow she's signing a lease for the same house with seven different girls... she has told us nothing. Apparently she told them they had the house at least a week before she told us the same... HELP US! What are our rights? College students get screwed continually on housing... but we intend to stop this... "lady." Thanks for your help..

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name