Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Storage space in basement for last 50 years being controlled by coop board

Posted by Ace on March 08, 2001 at 17:19:44:

In Reply to: Storage space in basement for last 50 years being controlled by coop board posted by Catherine Moony on March 08, 2001 at 17:04:38:

The same thing happened to me. We had a basement that had some closed off spaces with locks. No one was using them so tenants in the building started taking over the spots and putting their locks on them. When the building changed hands, the LL alerted that all those with their stuff in storage in the basement must take it out because it would be deemed a fire hazard by the fire department and he could be fined.

In the end, initially everyone moved their stuff but some were stubborn and moved their stuff back once the building changed hands and the building inspection was officially over.

Does anyone have any stories like this? How was it resolved?

: there is a big storage in the basement of our coop with rent-controlled apt building. it used to be just a wild space where anyone could put anything. then the coop put in storage lockers - for rent. people could put non-flammable items in spare public areas. no rpob. now management has sent a bulletin saying nobody can store anything and all stuff to be tossed sopon. NOw - isnt this a reduction of services??? isnt this a grandfather clause thing is they have allowed it for years?? plus i thin kit is inthe older leases that they can store stuff. PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name