Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Renters Rights

Posted by Sam on March 07, 2001 at 17:31:07:

I am currently renting a home in Orange County, Ca. The owner has been advising me she might sell the home, But not sure when. She has been saying this for about 6 months. She said she would advise me if and when she decided. I in return asked for a sufficient notice in order to find another rental property. I have 3 dogs and cannot live in an apartment. While on the phone with her discussing repairs that needed to be done. She again mentioned she "might be selling the house" I asked again for her to let me know if & when this would occur. She then called me the very next day and left a message stating that she was signing the papers the following day to put the house on the market, and that she needed to discuss the showing of the house. My fiance and I are private people. Please someone tell me that the home owners rights do not allow her to show the home while I still reside in it. And if so, what rights do we have as tenats & not being inconvenienced. In the past she promised to call prior to repairs being done and then show up without calling first!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name