Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: lockbox question?

Posted by Tom on March 06, 2001 at 05:08:22:

In Reply to: lockbox question? posted by Naomi on March 05, 2001 at 17:26:38:

: I have a question. The landlord wants to put the house onthe market and put a lockbox on the house. Is there anyway I can stop that?

Yes, buy the house to take it off the market. Other than that, anything you do could be construed as attempting to sabotage the sale. Wanna see a landlord really really mad? Screw up the sale and make him feel that you cost him $100,000 in cash with which he was planning to take a three month cruise, or whatever. He may just decide that it's easier to show an empty house.

I have three young children in this house (all under 3) and do not want jsut anyone coming in at any time. Can I request that there be advance notice to showing the house? We live in Upstate NY.

It is customary to give a 24 hour notice prior to showing the house. You need not be there for the showing. In fact the Realtor doen't want you there. On occasion, a Realtor may call and ask if he can show with less notice. You are not required to accept.
But, keep in mind that one of those persons who comes to look at the will probably be your new landlord. What kind of impression do you wanna make on him/her?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name