Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Credit Bureau

Posted by Ace on March 05, 2001 at 13:04:15:

In Reply to: Credit Bureau posted by Jaime on March 05, 2001 at 08:24:43:

If he's backed out of a verbal agreement, you had no choice but to tell him to use the deposit for March -- put it in writing and send it to him, certified! Get out of that situation -- and quickly. Roommate is most likely bluffing so the LL would cave in. No LL wants to go to court.

Take your chances and go. Don't let this roommate ruin your positiveness. Your new life is waiting for you and roomie is jealous.

: I have 3 months left on a lease signed by both my roomate and I . We are not gettign along. She is harassing me! I went through the landlord as a way out. He was very helpful in the beginning. Basically said he had no problem with breaking the lease. I went and got another place which I am moving into the 15th of march. She (the roomate has been less than excepting of me moving out. She now tells him that she is seeking legal action. Now the landlord has totally changed his story and won't sign anything he first said he would to guarantee getting my security back. He lied. Now I have told him to use my security as march rent and that I am out. What are the consequences here. Can he report me? We live in a converted 4 unit home with an illegal basement apartment. Should i trust that he will no report me or what steps does he need to go through to do it. I have 3 months left should I just pay it?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name