Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord slow to produce new lease...what are my rights in "between" leases?

Posted by Ace on March 05, 2001 at 13:01:02:

In Reply to: Landlord slow to produce new lease...what are my rights in posted by Alexuma on March 04, 2001 at 23:24:16:

P.S. You would have to let the LL know who is living with you when you find the new roommate, though. They may want to run a credit check on them...

: HI there-
: I am a good tenant who has lived in an apartment in a Brooklyn brownstone for 7 years (no rent-control, 4 units in building). Since the new owners took over 5 years ago, each time the lease is up they take months to give us a new lease. This time, our lease was up Jan 1st and we have requested a new lease with rent checks Dec. 1st, Jan 1st and March 1st - to no response. I am wondering what are our rights while we are "in between" leases? Is this right? Could they not renew? I am confused as they could have gotten an increase from us by now...
: Also, my roommate, whose name is also on the lease (or was before the lease ended Jan 1st), is moving out. Can I sign the lease solo and find a roommate on my own (knowing I would be responsible for the entire rent)? Because I have been there so long, I would rather have the relationship with the landlord myself and not involve an new roommate with the lease.
: Any information is appreciated!
: Alexuma

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name