Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: HELP!

Posted by Jaime on March 05, 2001 at 08:07:58:

In Reply to: Re: HELP! posted by Renee on March 05, 2001 at 05:24:24:

THanks Renee,
Just curious, this land lord is illegally renting a basement apartment and has lied to his tenants numerous tomes. In order for him to report me, what type of action does he have to take. I am on a 1 year lease with 3 months left. I live with a roomate and we are both on the lease. I gave him 40 days notice that I would be leaving. I sent him a document to verify that if I or she put someone in my place that he had no problem breaking my lease. now that my roomate is not willing to get another roomate, he has changed his story. i have never been late on a payment before. can he report me and i would have to go to court to deny it? I am now lettign him know that he can use my secrity deposit as March rent and leaving. Please let me know what consequences I will face!

Thanks,
JAime

: Yes, he can report you for non-payment. As a matter of fact, my agreement with credit report agency requires that I send monthly status of tenants for their records. I report all payments, skips, etc.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name