Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

insane situation

Posted by Peter Trondsen on March 04, 2001 at 21:57:07:

I moved in my new apartment in the beginning of February. I live right next door to the super. Since the beginning of the month, we have heard him yelling at his wife between 2:00am–4:00am at least 10 times this month. The guy is an irate drunk, and goes to the bar around dinner time and come back drunk in the middle of the night, during the time he's at the bar we also have no heat. I complained to the landlord, and he quieted down for about week, until this past Wednesday, he came home drunk at 1:30am, and started to play his music loud and sing to it. So, I yelled "Shut-up", that set him off, and he started cursing at me and threatening me. Another tenant called the police, they settled him down for about 15 minutes and he started up again, came out in the hall, banged on my door, and cursing and so on. The police came back again, at that point I opened the door to make sure the police got the story straight, as I entered the hallway, the super attempted to attack me and the police had to restrain him. The Police once again settled him down, and we all went to sleep, the next day, I called the Landlord and they fired him as super, but gave him 1 month to leave the premises. I heard from other tenants that this is not the first time this has happened and the previous tenants left because of it. I changed the locks, but still have to walk around in fear, and I'm hearing stories that he might still be here after the 1 month period. The only thing the landlord did for me was to reduce the rent $200. Can anybody recommend what I can do besides moving.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name