Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Eviction

Posted by Kim on March 03, 2001 at 22:58:24:

Help!!!

I moved into an apartment with my ex-boyfriend in September of 2000. He decided that he was going to leave the end of January. He had not added my name to the lease because he didn't feel that it was necessary. After he left, I went to the rental office to have my name put on the lease. They ran a credit check and said that I owed a previous landlord money. I had shared this previous apartment with a friend and we had both owed him money and we were both on the lease. I had paid my share to him. I was not aware that she did not pay hers as we went our separate ways. I explained this to this rental office and also tried to get a letter from the previous landlord stating such. He will not write a letter for me because I am still legally bound to that money regardless of whether or not she actually owes it. There is a co-signer on this apartment already and they are guaranteed their money. The co-signer is my dad. I have been paying the rent since we moved in back in September. He wrote the checks out and I payed him. I desperately need some help on what to do. If they are guaranteed their money with a co-signer, I don't understand the problem. The rent has never been late nor has there ever been any complaints about me. They say that I am a good tenant. Please help!!!!!!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name