Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord evicted us but still taking money out of account

Posted by Donna Lalonde on March 02, 2001 at 23:05:39:

I lived in Welland, Ontario, Canada in condo townhouses. I moved into the condo on Dec 5, 1999 and my lease was up on November 30, 2000 then I became a month to month tenant. The landlord gave me a break for last months rent when I moved in letting me pay 100$ down deposit. So I owe them 550$ On January 1, 2001 the landlord called me and told me I had to vacate the premise by the end of the month and I replied I wouldn't be able to at that short notice cause no way could I get my 3 children and I and first and last in one month. They said fine there for they gave me handwritten notice on February 1, 2001 to vacate April 30, 2001. So I left on February 16, 2001. On February 28 ,2001 they removed money from my bank account even after we agreed that I was going to give them the last months rent at the April 30, 2001 but they still removed the money. My question is "Do they have that right when they kicked me out" Thanks Donna

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name