Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Real Estate Agents...

Posted by Deborah on March 01, 2001 at 18:18:43:

My husband and I have been renting a townhouse in south Florida for the past two years. Our landlord resides in Ohio. During the time that we lived here we've improved the condition of the property significantly, much to the delight of our landlord. For this reason we are on very good terms with him. Now we are going to buy our first home and have notified him of the closing date. He has extended the lease for us so that we can go through closing, and get some remodeling done on his property. We agreed to open the doors to any real estate agents that want to show the house, on the weekends or evenings, but request that they not come into our home while we are not there. Do we have the right to refuse to have a lock box on the door? Do we have the right to keep our home private when we are not in it? The last Agent that came into our home walked in with a lit cigarette! I do not relish the idea of coming home to that smell, or any other problems that may arise. If you have any advise please share it with me. I am very concerned.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name