Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Noisy neighbor - what can I do?

Posted by Ace on February 28, 2001 at 20:06:10:

In Reply to: Noisy neighbor - what can I do? posted by Yuval on February 25, 2001 at 12:38:10:

Have you written a certified return receipt note to your Landlord? Landlord should take care of this.

If she's someone who's always indoors, she must go to bed early and rise early.

There are not really a lot of laws firmly in place about noisy neighbors. Perhaps asking landlord to carpet her floor or for you to put up something to soundproof your ceiling may help a bit.

If it really gets bad, and landlord is ineffective, you may have to look at your lease to find if you can give notice and by how much and move.

: Hello,
:
: I am wondering where I can find the noise laws for NYC apartments.
:
: I have a very old woman above me who is deaf, refuses to wear a hearing aide, and has her TV so loud that I have been wearing earplugs when I read. Over the last few weeks it has gotten much worse and I am at my wits end. My roommate and I have asked her several times over the last year to turn it down to no avail.
:
: I have pity and do not want to harass the old woman, but I am going nuts. What can I do, besides moving?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name