Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

It's really Richard

Posted by TenantNet on February 28, 2001 at 18:54:03:

In Reply to: everyone dave is an ass...just ignore him posted by will on February 28, 2001 at 16:13:45:

Dave is not Dave; it's Richard. Send a donkey around the world and he comes back a donkey.

: You sir are pushing it again....had a bad day? got hemmoroids? too ugly to look in the mirror? hey fella move on and don't take it out on the poeple who post here! If you have nothing contructive to say then say nothing and quit with the insults....

: I just wish your parents hadn't chosen to have you....there how does it feel??? do you feel?

: Will

:
: : You should used birth control and saved your money.

: : Sorry, you know how bad the rental market is, yet you chose to increase your family size, while NOT living in a rent stabilized apartment.....and then you fixed up the landlord apartment withou his consent.... that was a very very foolish thing to do since that money is GONE!

: : SO..its Time to sell everything you own on http://www.ebay.com raise some cash and move.

: :

: :
: : : I don't know what to do. I've been in my apartment for 2 years, my lease is up on April 30 and guess what -- I just received a huge rent increase (35%) that we really can't afford. I just had a baby, and I have another son; moving out just isn't financially feasible at this time. I would have to move to a very bad area in order to afford something, and as a professional with 2 small children, i'm not willing to do that. My apartment is falling apart, due to my landlord's negligence. I've put in at least a thousand dollars or more into repairs, refurbishments, on this apartment. I've put up with 2 winters of shoddy heat, leaky roofs and pipes, rotten wood floors, missing bathroom tiles, holes in the walls and ceilings, exposed wiring, a chipping facade, broken stairs, and now i feel like i'm being stabbed in the back. I've continously asked him to make these repairs and he lies, tells me he'll come by "this week" and of course never shows up. I've had the roof waterproofed myself ($400) at absolutely no cost to him, and now he's basically trying to drive me out of my apartment, he even had a real estate agent come look at it! I've always paid my rent early, kept the place very clean, even maintained the outside of the house (brownstone), including the sidewalk. Now my landlord isn't even returning my calls. I am not paying low rent either, I'm paying over $1000 for a 1-bedroom in a marginal neighborhood, so it's not like I have a steal. Should I call inspectors (although I am fearful the building might be condemned)? Can I try to lower the rent increase in court due to the building's condition? What should I do? We're very scared and really have no where to go!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name