Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Roomate is harassing me help!

Posted by Tom on February 28, 2001 at 12:19:11:

In Reply to: Roomate is harassing me help! posted by Jaime on February 28, 2001 at 00:30:32:

2. What are you risking if you DON"T leave? You need to lace up your sneakers and get the hell out.

: 2. What am I risking by leaving this lease if the landlord does not sign the letter letting me out.

3. You probably can't prove it, unless your boyfriend has seen some of it. But a good journal might help.

: 3. How do I prove the constant harassment that has been going on. She has never threatened me. She is just screwing with my head to get some satisfaction out of it. We are dealing with a girl with a few screws loose here. She is acting like a 2 year old.

4.If she threatens to sue you, laugh in her face. An empty threat. Get your lease out and read it. If there's a clause in the lease which promises you "quiet enjoyment" of your apartment, SHE is the one in violation of the lease. Find a place to store your belongings and move out.

Another option is to turn the tables on her. Is your boyfriend tough enough to move in temporarily and rule the roost for a while. If he were staying there for a while, and explained to her that you are going to use the bathroom from 6 to 6:30, for instance, he could enforce that without any trouble. Or maybe you need to have BOTH your boyfriends move in... Right now you're acting the doormat. Have you thought about being the muddy boots instead?

: 4. If she threatens to sue me, what can I do to protect myself here. This is horrible she has basically pushed me out of the apartment through her constant mind games (crazyness). Now I have to worry that she is going to come after me for $. It's not fair, how do I deal with this.

: Thanks so much for whoever can help me here! I don't have $ for a Lawyer and I want to cover as many tracks as I can before it's too late.

: Thanks,
: Jaime

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name