Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Landlord says I can't move in for another 2 weeks after signing lease

Posted by rich on February 28, 2001 at 12:09:28:

In Reply to: Landlord says I can't move in for another 2 weeks after signing lease posted by Randy on February 28, 2001 at 10:39:49:

Interesting problem, lets think this out... the landlord should be responsible, but why is the tenant in the hospital?

Is it elective surgury, or maybe a drug overdose? Then the tenant should be responsible for your costs...since the landlord had nothing to do with this.

If it was emergency surgury, appendicits or a car accident and she didnt get a ticket. I guess you could chalk it up to bad luck, since what would a judge decide? Neither party did anything wrong it was an accident,

Maybe the landlord should give you the 2 weeks free, And start the lease on April 1st, just as a token offering, and maybe you can offer to help the tenant pack and move her stuff quicker so she can be out by the 15th.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently signed a lease in NJ. The move in date was supposed to be March 15, 2001. Apparently the current tenant was not able to move out on March 1st as expected because she is in the hospital. They are saying I can move in on April 1st. I am going to have to live in a hotel for 2 weeks. Can I hold the landlord responsible for the cost of the hotel?

: Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name