Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

crazy landlady and threatened lockout

Posted by maryanne on February 23, 2001 at 23:04:44:

Help !!! Have lived in the upstairs apartment in Elmont New yOrk for almost 2 years - landlady lives downstairs and is 94. She recently fell off the reality train and doens't know who we are. She is seeing a doctor and, if medicated, doesn't scream and yell at us until 2 a.m. - We are in contract on a purchase but can't leave until April 1, 2001. Received a letter from some attorney today saying we have to be out by Feb 28, 2001. The old lady's son says he's now handling all her affairs but the only affairs he's been handling is collecting the rent and telling me to get out NOW!!! - I can't go much faster than I am to get the hell out of here but can they harras us like this legally and is the 5 day letter from the attorney anything to worry about. Don't they have to get eviction papers or something? I don't know - I just know I've been paying $800 per month and never bother anyone and now this? Please help if you can. Elmont is in Nassau County, New York

Regards

Mary Anne Steinlein

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name