Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Illegal apartment?

Posted by Kate on February 16, 2001 at 10:16:00:

In Reply to: Illegal apartment? posted by Renee on February 16, 2001 at 04:39:38:

Hi Renee,
I'm not positive it is an illegal apartment. The girl who just moved out of the apartment said it was. I am not trying to get everyone kicked out of this 4 family house, I'm just trying to get out of a bad situation. What type of basement apartments are legal? Please let me know. I want as much information on this matter before I move ahead.
Thanks Renee!

: Not all basement apartments are illegal. What makes you think it is? I would explain to him that you are concerned for your safety. Give him all the specifics, if he is as easy to speak to as he has been in the past, he may offer you a way out. If it is an illegal apartment, you have a bit of a moral dilemma here. Do you hurt an innocent person that is happy living in that apartment by losing them their home because you made a mistake in choice of roommate?

: How much time is left on your lease? Perhaps you could find someone to take over your lease. Your LL will tell you all possibilities.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name