Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

You rented 5 times from the same "Worst Landlord" ??! And now you complain !

Posted by Charles on February 11, 2001 at 16:48:49:

In Reply to: Worst landlords in Madison posted by Gemoules on February 09, 2001 at 12:50:15:

Pamela:
I think part of the college experience is learning about life itself and how to be independent. Unfortunetly, I think that you both you and your daughter missed these lessons. I only hope that your daughter learns from this experience more than you have, especially in regards to renting an apartment.

If she had problems with this management company one time, why did she rent from them on four more occasions ? Is Forward Management the only landlord in Madison Wisconsin ?

Did your daughter even bother to "comparison shop" apartments, looking around at different offerings, and take into account factors such as location, price, condition and size ? Why did she take the 'easy' route and rent from the same landlord 5 different times - do you think everything is going to be just fine each new time ?

And when your daughter does rent an apartment, does she read the lease VERY carefully, and do a THOROUGH inspection of the apartment, with any issues noted in writing.

Your daugheter (and you) need to wisen up about renting apartments, fast.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name