Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: no address...strange: and illegal

Posted by link on February 11, 2001 at 16:40:10:

In Reply to: Re: no address...strange posted by Tasha on February 09, 2001 at 18:23:53:

: : Hello,
: : I live in a 6 family tenament in Queens. My apartment is rent stabilized. I've lived there since 1987 with my mother. My mother just moved out, I've decided to stay for a few more years (poverty sucks). My landlord is dragging his feet about renewing my lease. It was up as of Jan 1,2001. I've been asking him since November. I wrote him a letter giving him until March 1. I plan to file a complaint w/ DHCR BUT I have no address for him and on the application they request an address on the form. He picks up the rent in person (wants cash also..i get a receipt). I called DHCR they say that the address that the landlord has down is mine,er...he definitely doesn't live in the building.
: : Should i put down my address?
: on the form that is. My worry is that he might have an excuse for not responding to or receiving letters at my building...there is no mailbox for him or "super"(there are actually two owners one of them is supposedly the super) to receive his mail.

get his address online here, maybe: http://nyc.gov/html/dof/html/nycserv_tax_epayment.html

or go to HPD office in Queens.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name