Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

new owners challenging a verbal agreement I had with previous owner

Posted by Liz on February 11, 2001 at 01:59:54:

Hi,
I'm renting an apartment in brooklyn, in a 3 family house, non-rent regulated. i've been there for 6 years. The house has just been sold. the new owners moved into the apartment above mine, unlike the previous owner who lived elsewhere. i had a verbal agreement with the previous owner that i had exclusive access to the backyard. Now, the new owners want to use it too (both my apt and theirs have doors to the backyard).

Does my verbal agreement with the previous owner still "hold water", so to speak? Or do I have to give up my exclusive access and let the new owners use the backyard?

One more thing, I looked through this site a lot and found much about rent regulated renewals, but I'm not too clear on what my rights are for non rent regulated renewal? I'm worried because I get the feeling they don't want to renew, they've complained to me that they can hear my tv and this thing about the backyard - I get the feeling they would rather have me out.

Thanks,
Liz

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name