Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

landlord problems

Posted by Leigh on February 08, 2001 at 21:41:29:

I just moved into a one bedroom in a 10 apt. complex in Santa Monica (2 mths. ago). My boyfriend has been over quite a bit since I moved in to help me settle and now both he and I (and any other guest that comes over) are being harassed by my landlord every time we see her outside my apartment. She relentlessly asks whether or not he or anyone else is living there regardless of me telling her NO every time. It is to the point now that my guests do not want to come over anymore. She went so far as to say she would rip up my lease and write a new one with my boyfriend's name on it! Do I have any rights here to make her stop so that I can live peacefully and not worry about my guests? Or does she really have a right to determine who or how many times a week I have a certain guest over? My boyfriend has his own place and just visit several times a week (he does have a key and is there sometimes when I'm not if that matters). Please help. I've never heard of anything like this before.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name