Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Did they provide a service to you?

Posted by Kay on February 06, 2001 at 17:20:52:

In Reply to: Did they provide a service to you? posted by John on February 05, 2001 at 20:03:12:

The building manager called the employer and agency of my neighbor, because I had complained about his unbelievable noisiness (it sounded like an earthquake above me; like the ceiling was crashing in, for hours at a time, and at all hours). She also contacted the super for me when I couldn't get hold of him, because the heat was extremely erratic. Otherwise, she was just very friendly and gracious. I don't know if I should tip her, or if that would be treating her like service personnel, as opposed to a manager/host.

I've only been there 5 months, and I'm leaving. Both the super and the manager are hard to get hold of because their addresses are not supplied. There's an office number but the manager's hardly there, and the super doesn't answer his phone. There's no mailbox or safe place to leave them a tip, and I only see them rarely and by chance.

I still think maybe I should leave them a tip when I go, but I'm not sure.

Thanks,
Kay

: Does the host/building manager provide a service above and beyond their duty? Like a hotel bellhop or any thing related to a hotel stay?

: Most people give the a christmas/holiday gift to the super. I can only assume your relationship with the building personnel.

: Good luck

:
: : Are you supposed to tip the host/building manager of an apartment sublet (bed and breakfast type long term sublet)? I am leaving, and I'm not sure if I should tip her, or if that would be inappropriate.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name