Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

What is your agreement? Pay half? Who pays for what?

Posted by John on February 05, 2001 at 11:02:44:

In Reply to: Crazy Roommate! Help! posted by Katie on February 05, 2001 at 10:22:01:

Another common sense question...

What was your agreement when both of you moved in? You can fight for your rights, but that will be to no end. Find a replacement for yourself and speak to your landlord about transfering your half of the lease to him or her. I assume when you said "she has full reign of the house" you meant she takes control of the food, remote, friends and/or privacy. Figure out who has to pay for what and start removing your good name from all the utilites. June is coming soon, but you want to make it clear that you don't owe anything. and move out hopefully quietly.

Good luck.

: Hi there, I need some advice on dealing with a bad roommate. We live in Bronxville, NY (Westchester County)and we signed a lease together last June. Our lease does not expire until June 30, 2001. She is completely unbearable. I basically live in my room and she has full reign of the house. I'm trying to do my own thing and ignore it but,she is going out of her way to constantly bother me and is a huge disruption to my life. My question is, is there any way that I can legally get out of this lease? I already told her that I want out and she said that I can't go anywhere and I have to stay until the lease is up! I feel so stuck
:
: We just recently got a new landlord/owner without any prior notice. Are our leases still valid even though they only have the prior landlords/owners signature on them? If anyone knows a way out please let me know.

: Thanks a bunch!
: -Katie

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name