Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Do I need Board approval to rent from a condo owner?

Posted by dak on January 28, 2001 at 21:18:45:

: The owner of a condo unit in a condo building wants to rent to me for which I signed a lease and gave 1st month rent/security. Owner has now been told by the condo board that I have to fill out an application to the board even though the owner has agreed to me. There is a $500 non-refundable processing fee, a $250 non-refundable elevator moving-in fee. On top of this is a non-refundable $500 fee that goes to an individual who used to work for the company that manages the building and now has his own company and is still involved in the management of the building. Are these charges legit? The owner is equally disgusted with this.

: In the rules of the condo there is a section for renters that says "all rentals must be arranged thru xxx." (this is the official management company, not the one mentioned above). "No unauthorized rentals will be permitted without the expressed written approval of the Unit Owner OR the Board of Managers"(condo board). Since the rules says the Unit Owner or the condo board, why do i need the permission/application to the board if the owner approves?
: Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name