Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: smoking neighbors SUCK BIG TIME

Posted by smoker on January 27, 2001 at 11:01:38:

In Reply to: smoking neighbors SUCK BIG TIME posted by former vice pres on January 27, 2001 at 09:00:58:

: I got a proplem right now in one of my buildings with a smoking tenant. And I'll tell ya what, every tenant who complained I put weather stripping and a threshold or rubber thingy on the door. It helped immensly, but some were still not happy. So we did the smokers door next, helped some more, but not totally. So I told him I am sorry but you are effecting these people with your smoke, worse case senario, you gotta go. I mean this guy is smoking, no joke, 3 packs a day. YOOOWWW. Not only that his walls are stained yellow, white walls and tile the color of this message board, if not darker. o he has made an effort to keep his windows cracked and the complaints have resided.

: If the landlord likes you he will try and find a compromise. I even offered to buy this guy a filter. But could I evict him if it got down to it, I doubt it really. It would be hard. But if the landlord is willing to approach him and try and sill up this guys apartment it might help.

: Good Luck
: former vice pres

yOU MUST BE FROM OUT OF TOWN TO BAD DON`T LIKE THE SMOKE MOVE

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name