Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

smoking neighbors SUCK BIG TIME

Posted by former vice pres on January 27, 2001 at 09:00:58:

In Reply to: smoking neighbors posted by Nichole on January 27, 2001 at 01:14:53:

I got a proplem right now in one of my buildings with a smoking tenant. And I'll tell ya what, every tenant who complained I put weather stripping and a threshold or rubber thingy on the door. It helped immensly, but some were still not happy. So we did the smokers door next, helped some more, but not totally. So I told him I am sorry but you are effecting these people with your smoke, worse case senario, you gotta go. I mean this guy is smoking, no joke, 3 packs a day. YOOOWWW. Not only that his walls are stained yellow, white walls and tile the color of this message board, if not darker. o he has made an effort to keep his windows cracked and the complaints have resided.

If the landlord likes you he will try and find a compromise. I even offered to buy this guy a filter. But could I evict him if it got down to it, I doubt it really. It would be hard. But if the landlord is willing to approach him and try and sill up this guys apartment it might help.

Good Luck
former vice pres

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name