Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Oh, just shut up!

Posted by jerry on January 25, 2001 at 22:16:02:

In Reply to: I don't understand, your... posted by former vice pres on January 25, 2001 at 20:52:45:

Just shut up man...

: landlord is a tyrant....how? why? Beacause you have crappy neighbors? She had the front yard dug up to fix a sewage proplem (I'm sure she is thrilled she is having to lay out thousands of dollars to do that), is that the LL's fault? Or is it that there was sewage in the basement? (which one do you want?) I really don't understand. Bad timing maybe, lousy neighbors probably, but it doesn't even sound like the LL has told you that you are accountable for the carpet yet. Aren't you jumping the gun a bit, and aren't you just upset with your neighbors?

: NOISE, is such a difficult proplem, it's subjective (whether you want to believe that or not.) But call the police and they rarely even show up for noise complaints, if they do, all they can tell the tenant is to be quite, they rarely if ever give citations, and then you have successfully alienated your neighbors. The LL can warn the tenants repeatedly, but the tenants may see that as a form of harassment from the LL, who may see her as a tyrant and file harrassment charges. I wonder if there is any eviction on record of a tenant being removed because of noise. In our housing courts a tenant, at most, would be warned, especially a tenant with kids, they would never be evicted.

: So please tell me how your LL rates as a tyrant?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name