Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Move out

Posted by dd on January 24, 2001 at 23:05:42:

In Reply to: Move out posted by John on January 24, 2001 at 21:42:57:

IN REPLY TO JOHN. WHAT ARE YOU WRITING ABOUT!? I DID NOT STATE ANYTHING ABOUT NON-PAYMENT OF RENT. I REQUESTED INFORMATION ON AGENCIES TO REPORT MY SITUATION. I ASKED WHETHER ANYONE KNEW AN AGENCY THAT WILL INSPECT THE BUILDING TO MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO FURTHER VIOLATIONS. DON'T GET IT TWISTED, YOU SOUND LIKE A LANDLORD.

: Without a lease you have no recourse... Only because if you report your landlord in Housing Court (HP ACTION or Non-payment) your landlord will start eviction procedings. Get a lease or move to an apartment with a lease.

: By all means check the laws, in reality they can avoid repairs by claiming no access and kick you out before your case is settled.

: Good Luck

:
: : Yesterday my electricity went off and I could not get in touch with my landlord after leaving several messages. I had no choice but to contact and hire an electrician to do repairs. The electrician told me that the wiring in the building, from what he saw in the basement, had numerous violations, fire hazards and incorrect wiring. I finally spoke with my landlord, today, and he is having a friend of his, who knows about electrical work come by tomorrow to do repairs. The electrician I hired (which was licensed) stated it is no wonder there has not been an electrical fire in the building. What recourse do I have against my landlord? Is there someone or some agency that I can report this? Is there some agency that will come in and inspect the wiring for further violations? I am a month to month tenant, whose rent is about to be increased by $300.00 in March. HELP!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name