Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Don't we hate em?

Posted by former vice pres (loser) on January 24, 2001 at 17:21:13:

In Reply to: Deregulation? Why should we? posted by JOHN on January 23, 2001 at 23:52:31:

I know people who are living in two and three family flats and are VERY happy, thank you very much. In fact two and three family flats in Williamsburg and out laying areas are still pretty good deals. And most are owned by good hardworking, fairminded, decent people.

And the unfair parts of the Stabilization laws are not in thier rules so much as in thier dictating of price caps and increases. Trust me the entire city has paid the price. As a landlord I would be very upset and very nervous if the current stabilization regulations disappeared. There is currently a flood of available apartments on the market (just take a look around at all the construction) these would be a threat if the playing field where leveled, they would drive down the average price of apartments. But fortunately we have stabilzation and rent control. This is what allows me to get 2000.00 for one apartment when I have another tenant paying only 300.00 for the same place. And of course when I purchased the building it was based on it's income so the low rents don't hurt me.

So, me, I'm glad when people defend rent stabilization, if we had to vote today I would vote for it (NO JOKE, NO SARCHASM INTENDED). Because eventually my low income tenants will move and then other landlords low rents will keep mine high.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name