Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How do you know if your building is rent stabilized?

Posted by Dawn on January 23, 2001 at 18:30:21:

In Reply to: How do you know if your building is rent stabilized? posted by Rosie on January 23, 2001 at 11:12:53:

Here is another useful site I found on this Tenant.net board to find out if your building is rent stabilized. It has lists that go by zip, then the streets:

http://www.housingnyc.com/questions/zip.html

: My landlord just raised my rent $100 and I am trying to find out whether or not this is legal. I live in a 6 unit apartment building in Park Slope and 2 of the units are occupied by the landlord's extended family (which means that only 4 are income generating--at least I assume that's the case). I have not had a lease in years. A lawyer friend told me that buildings with 6 units or less are by definition, rent stabilized. Is this true? How do I find out? Another tenant tried calling the city but was told that our building is unregistered. As well, there are two businesses located on the ground level of the building so the space is mixed residential and commercial. Any insights about how to obtain information on the rent stabilization status of my building would be much appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name