Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: 90 day notice lost by office!

Posted by Meg on January 23, 2001 at 15:53:48:

In Reply to: Re: 90 day notice lost by office! posted by Cvillecpm*VA on January 23, 2001 at 15:26:26:

Thank you for your response! Actually, my security deposit is non-refundable, which is okay because it was rather small, and well worth only having to broom-clean the apartment upon termination of the lease. I honestly didn't think anything about their non-response because out of the 5 apartments I have rented in the past, only 2 followed up on my notice. This complex sent me a letter in October, stating my options (termination notice or month-to-month, 6month, or year lease) as well as last-day procedures. As I had all the closing info, and management tends to be pretty hands-off, I didn't expect a response to my notice. I know, know, know that I should have requested documentation (I'm an auditor and CPA, so I know the importance of paper trails), but the notice was folded around the check, and the check was cashed. I do NOT intend to pay them anything, I just really don't want this to go to a collection agency, and therefore appear on my credit report. My plan was to go to small claims court to prevent this going to collections. The he said/she said issue is what really worries me, and is what I'm hoping to bypass with my copy of the notice and the log I'm keeping of contact with them. I'm trying help them out here, too, by turning over the apartment early (thus attempting to mitigate their loss???). Who knows. Anyway, thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name