Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Another quick point...

Posted by Peacemaker on January 20, 2001 at 00:57:15:

In Reply to: Another quick point... posted by Jonathan on January 19, 2001 at 22:37:56:

Good points. There are basically two ways you can find housing ... build your own house or rent one from someone who owns one. Landlords are in the business of providing housing. They need tenants just as tenants need housing. No landlords and people who aren't homeowners would have no where to live. (Other than perhaps a public housing project, which makes any tenement look rather nice.)

I've never considered myself as a "tenant" for life nor am I particularly wedded to any apartment. For many reasons, I'm looking into buying a condo apartment, becuase I find it personally and financially more advantageous to own rather than rent. Others may prefer renting, that is their own choice to make.

I've noted with concern how some people on Tenant Net seem to prefer to hollar and complain rather than do anything to improve housing. Landlords are providing a valuable service many want, the easier it is for them to build apartments the more selection I have. Comparing your landlord to a tick (when you're the one who chooses to be a renter) is comparable to cursing out your boss behind his back when you've had the same job for ten years and are too inept to work anywhere else.

: Thier are a lot of user landlords buying apartment buildings, or people who want to own homes who are buying rental properties because it's cheaper or just as expensive to buy a condo in New York, so some people are opting to buy entire buildings instead. Very normal people, suddenly in the position of landlord. Most, by what I have seen, remember when they were tenants themselves and are fair landlords.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name