Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index


Posted by Joan Willis on January 17, 2001 at 21:29:32:

To whom it may concern
I live in New York City in a rent stabilized apartment. I have lived here from 1963 to present. (I lost my rent controlled stautus after my mother died and I had to go to court)
Anyway the question I have is this: The floor in my bedroom was ruined due to a leak in the wall of the bathroom. The landlord refused to restore the warped wood. He will only take up the bad wood and put plywood and tiles (like in the kitchen) down. All the floors in my apartment are wood floors except the bathroom and kitchen. I called various City housing offices and was told that I have no recourse except to accept whatever the landlord wants to do as long as what he is doing will be safe. Is this true? Is there no way to keep the wood floors throughout my apartment?
Would it be wise if I purchased the wood and the landlord supplied the labour. What rights do I have in this situation if any?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name