Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

late payments

Posted by Carrie on January 17, 2001 at 12:54:03:

I'm currently living in a sfr (Florida)for three year on a month to month. I'm changing my job and in several months in the rears for my rent. My landlord not only spread this info to my friends, but to my previous employer. Which I not sure of reason of my dismissal of that job. My previous job status was commission basis only, with no insurance. I was out 2 weeks with the flu during the holidays. 1) Does she have the right to spread my past due with everyone (friends and employer). And also she already told my friends I was not getting my deposit back when she has not even inspected the residence. 2) She wants to charge me 25% per month in interest for late charges.
The way I look on it, between the deposits and other fees I have given her we are even. I don't have the money to move or even to eat and gas for my new job. She is more concern with the late charges she said I owe her so she can go on vacation. When I first moved there she wanted me as an adopted daughter now she passes me notes or yells at me in public to let everybody know my business. I am embarrassed .3) Doesnt the State of Florida have an usuary law for the late chages. Thanks

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name