Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

renewal of lease

Posted by Kim on January 16, 2001 at 13:27:43:

Hi,

I recently wrote in a post regarding my sister and her boyfriend's apt. She had told the landlord (this weekend) that she would like her boyfriend taken off the lease and that he is moving out at the end of next month and will be writing a letter to him about it. (The boyfriend travels alot)

The landlord just about exploded. He said (in his own words): "You do not tell ME what to do, I have the decision to take him off the lease or keep him on" and he basically threatened not to renew the lease if the boyfriend got taken off the lease. He said something about doing another credit check and then HE makes the decision whether or not to renew the lease.

Is this guy for real? Everyone here is telling me that the landlord has no rights in this matter and here this guys is telling her that he makes the final decision. (This is rent stabilized in NYC)

Thanks for your help, this is exactly what I thought would happen, this man only bothers her whenever it is time to renew the lease, she had to threaten a lawsuit against him for harassment last year when she renewed the lease before he stopped.

I will keep you posted on this!

Kimmy

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name