Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Water Cut-Off

Posted by Gordon on January 11, 2001 at 16:57:34:

In Reply to: Water Cut-Off posted by Yarrow on January 11, 2001 at 12:58:03:

You have to get the super and the landlord's phone number. If not, go to any court in your area and ask where you can find out the block/lot number of your building-it's public record and should list your landlord's name/address-if someone has any more suggestions, feel free to add.

Also, document, document, document. Note the date, time of shutoff as well as when the water was restored. Also note when you called HPD and get the name of whoever you spoke to. Your landlord should notify you of any water shutoffs with an explanation in writing, in advance.

: Does anyone know how to deal with this? My landlord periodicaly cuts of the water supply with no notice. Today as I was washing the dishes there was a loud rumbling noise and then no hot water, no water coming out of the kitchen and/or bathroom faucets. I could see if this happened once, but then even once would inconvienance me, but it happens a lot. I called the HPD complaint line and filed a complaint.
: I don't have a phone number for the super or the landlord.
: It seems like it's back on, two hours later, but the water pressure is not the same and I'm afraid they're going to cut it off again, just when I need it.
: Thanks for your help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name