Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: On my way to small claims

Posted by terri on January 10, 2001 at 19:19:44:

In Reply to: Re: On my way to small claims posted by Kenny on January 10, 2001 at 17:57:00:

: Perhaps to clarify...I have already filed my claim against this guy.
: The court date is Jan. 23.

: PS about the videotape. I called the court and they said they don't have the facilities to actually play the video in the courtroom, but it's likely that the judge will look at the tape in chambers (or wherever) when rendering a final decision. It's for the better - I transferred the tape from 8mm to VHS and I got motion sickness :) My narration is kinda funny too - It starts with 'welcome to the most boring video you'll ever see'. There's nothing to see but an empty house with no damage done to it :)

in NYC, they do have tvs & video machines: you have to request them ahead of time. if they won't let you do it now, do it as soon as you show up at court, long before they call your case. if they really don't have them where you live, bring your own: this is your winning evidence, without it the landlord and his lying pals will win.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name