Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Renovations or harrassment

Posted by Yarrow on January 10, 2001 at 00:59:34:

In Reply to: renovations posted by nika on January 09, 2001 at 16:00:48:

Get some help with this from tenant groups, Met Council on Housing or City Wide Task Force or call your community board. The three magic words are "I need help".You can't pee or shower in your apartment? NO, NO, NO !!!Find out if the construction has been registered with the Dept of Buildings, I'm pretty sure that is the place but ask the people at the various housing groups, they can tell you if how to find out if the renovations are illegal. Call your assemblyman/woman, city council person. You definately need help. You are being slowly evicted from your home one room at a time, starting with the bathroom. That's my feeling. I would never agree to an arrangement where I couldn't use "essential services" such as water. In fact, I believe your landlord can be arrested for shutting off the water. See the section here on illegal evictions. It covers "essential services". They are wasting your time and energy. Good Luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name