Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Yes, and there's enough reason here

Posted by Socrates on January 06, 2001 at 02:58:16:

In Reply to: Can a Landlord give you a 30 day notice for no reason posted by Sametra Scott on January 05, 2001 at 19:30:55:

"Month to month" is the operative phrase here. Simply put, this means that the landlord can ask you to leave, for any reason, on 30 days notice. (Also, it means that you can vacate the apartment with no advance notice.)

You lost me on your story about what your friend's friend did. But many landlords don't like that kind of trouble as it tends to upset other residents.

It sounds like your landlord gave you TWO YEARS (!) advance notice here. There is no point in complaining about the apartment now, especially when you have not done anything about it the whole time you have been there. What you do need to do now is look for a new apartment, and GET A LEASE.

: I am renting on a month to month lease and my landlord has given a 30 day notice twice a three year period time frame. The first time they gave me a 30 day notice. They did not ask me side of the story. I was a witness in an convertation between another tenent who did not get a long with a freind of mine, but the friend of mine decided to stay with another tenent in the unit. The friend had a friend she introduced to me. We begin to talk about my friend on how she is a troublemaker. The next day my freind was assulted by her friend, they blamed me for not calling the police. I come home from school/ work and I see a thirty day notice to move. I went and got the police report and witness stating I had nothing to do this. The owner says to me I can stay but I have to move soon. Now it is two years later I get another notice. I havent done anything I am hardly ever home. I go to school full time, and work parttime. When I moved in the blinds were broken, and then I have no light covers. I am scared one day the light tubes might fall. They never replaced the carpet. The carpet was at three to four years old. I have so many problems with the complex. What rights do I have.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name