Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I'm not in a multiple dwelling

Posted by CG on January 02, 2001 at 22:21:03:

In Reply to: Re: I'm not in a multiple dwelling posted by   on January 02, 2001 at 20:44:42:

Most people argue with me when I tell them I am rent controlled. This is refreshing! :) I'm in a 2-Family with store. My father moved in late 30's and I have been here all my life (40 years). Father passed in 1983.

Thanks for the link! Does this supercede the DHCR fact sheet?

CG

: To be covered by rent control in a one-family or a two-family house, you must have lived in the house for over 50 years. Have you lived there that long? Is there a store in the building? If so, you must have lived there for over 26 years.

: Here's a link to an outdated version of the Housing Maintenance Code from TenantNet. I don't know if there's a more up-to-date version available on the internet. You can look at an up-to-date version at many libraries.

: http://www.tenant.net/Other_Laws/HMC/hmctoc.html

: :
: : Thank you for answering! The fact that I am not in a multiple dwelling makes everything so much more complicated. I was told that even though it is not a MD, I am still entitled to certain essential services because of rent control. Do you know how I can find out about this?

: : Thanks again!
: : CG

: : : :
: : : : Hi! I'm wondering if anyone knows whether heat is considered an essential service in a rent controlled apt?

: : : : According to the DHCR fact sheets #3:

: : : : "Under rent control, the owner must provide and maintain all services furnished or required to be furnished on the base date of May 1, 1950 for rent controlled apartments outside of NYC, and March 1, 1943 for those within NYC."

: : : : Although my apt was registered as a cold water flat in 1943, I have had heat for the last couple of decades. Is my landlord required to provide heat and hot water in this situation?

: : : : Thank you in advance for your help!

: : : : CG

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name