Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Something Fishy in Stuy Town? Doubt it

Posted by Dawn on January 02, 2001 at 18:38:54:

In Reply to: Something Fishy in Stuy Town? posted by Patrice on January 02, 2001 at 18:00:00:

Congratulations on moving in to Sty Town. The waiting list has always been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy long to get an apartment there -- for as far back as I can remember. My parents signed up and they never got one. Us kids grew up and moved away, (we ended up living in Chelsea area in Manhattan) so there you go. Since the waiting list has been phased out (why keep people waiting when the waiting time takes too long?) the apartments you saw may already be taken, hence the remodeling and then when it's done, the people will move in? It's a possibility. Since the apartments there are not easily given up, it may take some time or several more years before you can get a two bedroom and considering you just moved in this past May, you would not be considered a priority as two people can manage living in a one-bedroom spot (as opposed to a family of four). Of course I'm just surmising, as I don't think you mentioned other people living with you along with your fiancee. From what I've been told, it's easier to get in as a single than as a family or double. The issue of the building management hanging up on you -- why rock the boat? Good luck.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name