Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: my landlord didn't return my security deposit!! what should i do?

Posted by Patrick on January 03, 2001 at 12:38:15:

In Reply to: Re: my landlord didn't return my security deposit!! what should i do? posted by Dawn on January 02, 2001 at 18:53:41:

: Did you have the landlord walk with you through the emptied apartment before you handed over the keys (and you had a witness with you to vouch this happened?) just to check that everything was ok? If not, ask for the original paint and cleaning receipts. If he doesn't budge, or won't compromise by splitting the costs, then take him to court. Did you take clear pictures? With date stamped? Or a video of the place? This would be your proof. Good luck.

Thanks to everyone for the input. Regrettably, I didn't do a walk-through with my manager before I moved out nor did I take pictures. This was my mistake and had to move out hastily to begin with. I live in L.A. and I was told that all apartments have to repaint the walls before the move-out.

We (ex-roommate and I) are not sure how much contesting this with my manager would accomplish because it would be our word against hers. However, we were model tenants and hopefully we'll be able to recoup some of the deposit.

Any other input on this situation?

pps

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name