Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

repair problems

Posted by Julie on December 31, 2000 at 15:37:24:

We rent a private home in Edmeston, New York, a very small communtiy. My problems are as follows:
Two months ago, we had a chimney fire at our home, which we rent. The landlord will fix the chimney, only if we pay his $500 deductible. The woodstove, of course, as he puts it is only a secondary heat. The furnace, however, works but just blows out into the basement, there are no heating pipes running to the the registers, therefore, it wastes alot of fuel just to get the main area of the house heated.

We also have the septic coming up on the front lawn, he has been told about this over and over again, still we have a very soggy lawn as well as an odor. When the washer and dishwasher drain they back up into the bathtubs, and sinks, and smells unreal. The drain pipes are not vented outside, I think they are supposed to be and he keeps saying he is gonna fix this as well. It has been almost a year. My hotwater heater was redtagged and could not be used because it was not vented, this has been fixed. (by us)

I hope you can help me so that we may get some of this taken care of, if we do not have a leg to stand on, we are going to move.

Thank you, in advance.

Julie Shepler
11 Burdick Ave.
Edmeston, NY 13335
jjshep@stny.rr.com

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name