Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Forms to fill for forcing a landlord to take action

Posted by Marc on December 29, 2000 at 20:53:12:

In Reply to: Forms to fill for forcing a landlord to take action posted by Dan on December 29, 2000 at 09:31:24:

Where is this apartment/house?

If NY, we have lock/key laws in this state: use the search box.

Where is this deadbolt?
On the door to your unit?
On the door to the whole building? (VERY illegal, big fire hazard)

If it's on the door to your unit, 1. get the key from her, or 2. remove the cylinder, take to locksmith, get new cylinder, or 3. put crazy-glue in lock to prevent her from using it.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name