Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Super from Hell - Any ideas?

Posted by Andy on December 26, 2000 at 13:08:17:

Hello everyone,
we are moving out of Brooklyn, NY apt in 2 weeks, landlord properly notified, no problems here.
Here is our problem - the super is constantly harrasing us, saying we are not recycling properly, etc.. doing so in a very abusive manner, insulting us, as well threatening us. Last week he came to our door and started screaming at us, throwing garbage in my apartment. When I tried to close the door, he held it, and kept screaming and insulting. I promised to call the cops (which i did). Once I picked up the phone and started dialing, he disappeared.
The cops came, but they could not arrest him because he did not hit me or anything..even though he pushed me and would not let me close my door. About verbal assault - they said there is no such thing. The best they could do is go talk to him about how to behave - he was the nicest man in front of them!!
2 days later, he and his son (I call him fat bastard), verbally assaulted us again, and even threatened us.
I notified the landlord about this, but my wife says I probably should not have. She is afraid they (the super family) would try to do something against us in direct or indirect manner (like asking someone else to damage our car or whatever). They might even interfere with our move - preventing us from fully opening the front door when the movers come.
We only have 2 more weeks to live in this apartment, and would like to avoid any trouble. We fear that by further notifying landlord and/or police we might make the situation worse.
BTW, I was required to pay $150 key money to super when I moved in, $100 to clean up apartment from construction/previous renters, $20 to dispose of furniture carton, etc... Eventually, I stopped tipping him (about 1 year ago), that is when he stopped "liking me". To him we are "no good people"..
I would like to prevent the super and his family from potentially harming us.
Any ideas?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name