Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: name on rent stabilized lease: forget Ken, here's the real deal

Posted by Link on December 21, 2000 at 18:11:35:

In Reply to: name on rent stabilized lease posted by Margaret on December 20, 2000 at 21:21:17:

: I want to add my 21 year old son's name to my lease. Is that a difficult task to accomplish?
: thanks in advance.

If your son has lived with you for 2 years, he has succession rights and you could 'just ask' your landlord to add him to the lease. If he doesn't agree, file a complaint with DHCR.

If he has not lived with you for the past 2 years, adding him to the lease would change the lease from a renwal lease to a vacancy lease. Your landlord could then increase the rent by 20% +++ instead of 4-6%.

Verify this in the NY Tenants section on and/or call DHCR M-F 9-5: 718.739.6400

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name