Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Civil Action from Landlord

Posted by Yarrow on December 21, 2000 at 10:43:52:

KEN DO NOT REPLY TO THIS!!!! I MEAN IT!!
The apartment below ceiling collapsed in late May. I was availble the entire next day to let the plumbers or whoever in the the apartment. They never showed up, never called me.
At the time, my kitchen faucet was leaking all over the place due to the drunk super breaking the faucet in May.
It was from my complaints to the City that the plumbers came in Mid-July and fixed the problem, only to leave a hole in the floor. This was then fixed through my efforts in September. I live in a rent stablized building in Queens.
Apparently the landlord never fixed the ceiling below me, it is supposedly still open. I am being told that there is leaking again below. The supers leave me notes regarding this but when I call them to arrange a time, they hang up on me. Now, I recieved 3 notices from civil court that the landlords are sueing me for "property damage". Does anyone have experience with this. Thank you for your help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name