Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: How do I find out who owns my building?

Posted by Chelsea on December 19, 2000 at 14:58:11:

In Reply to: How do I find out who owns my building? posted by David on December 19, 2000 at 14:06:22:

Well, actually, the management company doesn't usually own the building, they just manage it.

But you could, as Dawn suggests, contact the city Department of Housing Preservation and Development. You should ask for the multiple dwelling registration, which is supposed to filed each year for apartment buildings. It lists the owner, manager and certain other basic information. They charge a ridiculous amount for this -- $5 or $8 for two-page document -- and you have to go in person.

An easy way to find out the owner on-line, however, is through tax records. Go to the NYC web site -- www.nyc.gov -- and click on Finance and Tax Department. Follow the instructions to check the current property tax roll, which would have the owner's name and address. You will need to supply the borough, block and lot number.

: How do I find out the name of the owner of my building? I pay my rent to a management company and would like to correspond directly with the owner. Is there a publication or a website (preferrably the latter) that will give me this information. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name