Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Notice of Eviction

Posted by Scott on December 07, 2000 at 23:27:07:

I've received a Notice of Eviction which states "You may be evicted without further notice, on the sixth business day after the date of this notice". The document is dated 12/6/00. I owe my landlord three (3) months of backrent and would gladly pay him but he has been returning my checks (for reasons that I can't imagine). I have been trying to make contact with his lawyer but she (the lawyer) is a pain in the ass to deal with and will not take my calls. My only guess is that the LL wants to take back the apartment so he can increase the rent (yes I have a GREAT rent) when the next tenant moves in. I want to avoid this eviction and pay the debt that I owe to this landlord but I can't get ANY coorporation from him or his lawyer. I'm hoping that someone on the board can give me advice on how I should proceed. The last thing I want to do is start having to take days off from work so I can sit in a courthouse and battle over this. Is there a number I can call and state my case? I have the checkbook ready and want to PAY!!! This is really frustrating because I haven't done anything wrong and just want to pay the rent I owe. Am I really in danger of having the marshal at my door in a few days? This is crazy.... Sorry about the ranting...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name